Sunday, February 3, 2013

Patio Bench Project Complete

I took a small break from coding this weekend and spent some time in the workshop. I completed my first large project, a patio bench, using the plans from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. I ran into a few issues with incorrect measurements in the published cut list but overall it was a fun and pretty easy project. Now I just need to wait for the temperature to get above freezing for a few days so I can drag it outside and get it painted.


I'm already on to building a table saw sled to fix the fact that my cheap fence is always out of square. I also owe a few people some children's toys for gifts but after that I'll be looking for my next large project. I'm thinking maybe a name puzzle step stool for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment